Skip to main content

My 12 best investment rules, which I use to invest.


These days, despite the price of the good stock, there is no doubt that we are going through one of the most indefinite times to invest.

Before discussing the rules of investing in the stock, let me clarify that I work and follow these rules, I am not asking you to follow them, my purpose is to tell you about them.

1. I'm not afraid of the fall.

The fall in the stock market is near the corner, but no one can predict the decline, No one can tell this, when it will happen and how much hurt it will be. I do not sit in the hope that the market will fall, but I keep myself prepared for it.

2. I prefer to buy bad stock, not bad business.

If I choose a bad business and hope to earn from it, then it will be wrong , Even if I buy it cheaply. I consider that business as good, whose management is honest and  well behaved in the past, whose products are well-known and have ability reach  to every person. Businesses whose operations have been operating for the past 20 years, when shares of such a company fall, then they seem to be cheaper from the long term, and people consider it as loser. Investment is not a strategy of optimism, always investing in a good business is called good investment.

3. The rises of stock is limited.

Each stock has a limited amount of return in its lifetime. Thus, if a stock has earned its greatest return in the past, then the probability of return on investment money will be reduced. Do not put your money on the stock, because of the price are rising, but yes, bet on its underlying trade.

4. Control risk.

It is good to be brave, I focus my investments in 3-5 shares, diversification has always been a safe and beneficial strategy for me. Diversification are very helpful to me controlling the risk of permanent capital loss in some stocks. I do not put more than 10% of my investment money in a stock.

5. I don't trade.

If you have come to this blog for trading ideas, then this blog is not for you. I'm an investor, not a spectacular, I like to invest my savings rather than trade on it, I believe trading is a thrilling moment for many investors. But think that you are on a hill station and fly your savings in the air, maybe it will give you excitement, but your money will not come back to you, that's  just day trading.

6. I don't buy stock price.

I just do not buy because the stock has multiplied in the past and everybody says that it will be multiplied in the future. I buy only because my argument says that the business has been good in the past, it will be good in the future, and it is available at bargain price.

7. I don't follow buy it once rule.

Turning all my cash into gold can be great for me, but changing all cash together into stocks can be dangerous for me. I like to invest in a time interval, however, at one time I stop buying in stock even if the price of stocks is at its peak.

8. I do my homework properly before investing.

I do my own homework before buying any stock. I do my own homework before buying any stock. I do … repeat !

I read about the business that I’m going to own and try to find the reason why it is a good long term opportunity, thus assess the probability of losing my capital permanently in it.

9. I'm not fool.

When the investment is in the right direction, some people are waiting to grab money by offering their readymade stock tips and useless financial advice. When I face the people wearing such attractive clothes, who try to trap me with their smart investing strategies, which remind me of the same thing, that a fool and his money is invited everywhere, and fool and his money Can be easily parted, and I am not a fool.

10. I don't bet on diversification.

I'm not Warren Buffet ! I do diversification, but I always keep in mind that the diversification ensures the proportionate average outcome of the shares, not security. Apart from this, diversity will not protect me from my worthless investment decisions.

11. Hope is not a investment strategy.

There are many investment strategies, such as buying cheap stocks, buying a high-quality business, buying at a lower price etc. But, hope is not from these. After good studies, I invest in business and have patience with them. I am ready to accept the reality, especially when it is harsh, and then with the changing times, I am ready to reconsider my decisions. But I always check the hope out of the door.

12. I respect luck.

There have been many such moments come in my investment life when I got brave return within 6-12 months. Most of time I give credit  to choose the right stock at the right time. But luck also work for me and I respect it. If you are one of them, then I suggest that respect the luck properly. Luck is a very difficult thing to deal with psychologically, because our brain can easily come up with a cause for everything. But the investment is largely about luck. Respect it or it will disrespect you.

While investing in stock market, I keep stress away from myself. Because in my life many things are bright and more beautiful than the rising stock price.

I hope these investment rules will benefit you. If you have any suggestions regarding investment, let me know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to decide where to Invest.

A sk anybody how they bought their first share, then you will always get a logical answer. Think that you are going to a party and there is food available in front of you on the table, which you have never tasted before or you do not know anything about it. What will you do?  Will you take a big spoon and fill all the food stuff in the mouth or take a small spoon and test it. The second approach seems more logical.  In the same way, if you do not have much knowledge of the stock market or are less then buying 10 shares is better than buying 100 shares directly for the first time. There are lots of advantages to making small investments. I mean to say that you are a new investor, so keep your initial investment low. I also started my initial investment from 2000 rupees because my purpose was to learn and not gain profit. Let's take a look at the worst scenario before we go to a good scenario. It is a very rare case that you lose the 100% amount of your initial investment

Eight golden rule, which every investor should follow before taking an investment decision in a company.

When I decide to buy stock, a common question rise in my mind, Is buying this stock is worthwhile?  Often such questions tend to tighten investors. Getting answer such questions are not less than solving a puzzle. An attentive investor must follow stock investing as if they are attempting to solve a puzzle. As an investor, if I want consistent return from the Indian equity market then I must choose fundamentally strong stock for investing. Here’s eight golden rules that investors should follow 1. Choose a fundamentally strong company for investment. To find a fundamentally strong company, we can filter out healthy companies using two-minute drill so that further investigation can be done. In a two minute drill, we assess the company's seven financial ratios and its tendency. Every investor should know about these eight financial ratio analysis. Every investor should look these points very carefully. Earning per share (EPS)- Should be growing in last five years.

My initial investment amount

H ello readers, how are you guys I hope you all will be good and healthy. In this post, I am going to tell you about my first investment. As I told you that I had opened my demat account in the Geojit Financial services. Please make sure you read my previous post.In which I explained the process of opening a demat account in detail. After opening a demat account, I transferred 2,000 rupees with the help of internet banking to my demat account. Yes I started my initial investment from 2000 rupees, in fact I did not even have 2000 rupees at that time. For those 2000 bucks, I had to sell my Samsung mobile. After transferring the money, my demat account started showing 2000 rupees, I could now buy the shares up to the price of 2000 rupees. But this was just an early start, my next exam was now started. At the time, the first question to me was that, at which price I should buy. Which company should I choose for investment so that I can get a better return later. I had to choose a compa