Skip to main content

How to start investing at the age of 20.


Such youngsters who is at his twenty years of age can start investing in the stock market soon. But many youngsters think that why so soon join the intricate world of the stock market. Most youngsters believe that either it will be too quick or they do not have much money to invest in the age of 20. However, both of these beliefs are wrong.
When you are at the age of 20, this is the best time to invest in the stock market. Why? Let's find out.

1. Stock Markets gives best return.

Do you know about this interesting fact, if your parents had invested Rs 10,000 in a company like Wipro or Infosys in 1990s, then in today's situation, that investment would be worth millions. Apart from these, other common stocks like Eicher Motor, Symphony, Page Industries, has given even better returns than Wipro and Infosys.

Historically, the stock market has given better returns than other investment options over the long term. If you also keep the amazing Shears with patience for a longer period of time (20 to 30 years), then you can also definitely get a good return, because you are giving extra time to your investment to mature .

2. You will not need immediate money.

When you are in your twenties, then you do not need to worry about other things like college fees, home loans, children etc. At this time of age, the burden of responsibility of children and wife is also not on you. When you start investing in the age of twenty, you do not even need to sell your shares quickly, you can easily start your investment and forget your money.

3. Good time to set future goal.

In every person's mind there is a certain goal for the future, such as becoming a millionaire at the age of 40, buying a big house, saving money till retirement. All these things can be obtained by starting early investment at the age of 20, to determine the fixed future goal and invest in order to achieve it systematically.

3. This age is appropriate for taking risks.

When you are in your 20 age, you can invest in shares taking with high risk. Instead of investing in blue chip companies, you can choose to invest in smallcap companies who have shows good growth potential in the past few years. However, the risk involved with smallcap companies is also higher compared to the blue chip companies, but the returns on investment are also high. Even if you incur some loss, you have so much time to learn from your mistakes, at this stage of your age, when you learn to handle the risk properly, your master skills will give you a better return.

It is always beneficial to start early investment, the world's most successful investor started his first investment at the age of 11. 

11 years of age will be a little early for investment in India. However, the age of 20 years is the best time to start the investment, because in this age  you have enough money even without any responsibility.

In the end, in the long run, there is a famous formula for making money in amazing ways.

—“Invest early, invest consistently and invest for the long term…” 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to decide where to Invest.

A sk anybody how they bought their first share, then you will always get a logical answer. Think that you are going to a party and there is food available in front of you on the table, which you have never tasted before or you do not know anything about it. What will you do?  Will you take a big spoon and fill all the food stuff in the mouth or take a small spoon and test it. The second approach seems more logical.  In the same way, if you do not have much knowledge of the stock market or are less then buying 10 shares is better than buying 100 shares directly for the first time. There are lots of advantages to making small investments. I mean to say that you are a new investor, so keep your initial investment low. I also started my initial investment from 2000 rupees because my purpose was to learn and not gain profit. Let's take a look at the worst scenario before we go to a good scenario. It is a very rare case that you lose the 100% amount of your initial investment

Eight golden rule, which every investor should follow before taking an investment decision in a company.

When I decide to buy stock, a common question rise in my mind, Is buying this stock is worthwhile?  Often such questions tend to tighten investors. Getting answer such questions are not less than solving a puzzle. An attentive investor must follow stock investing as if they are attempting to solve a puzzle. As an investor, if I want consistent return from the Indian equity market then I must choose fundamentally strong stock for investing. Here’s eight golden rules that investors should follow 1. Choose a fundamentally strong company for investment. To find a fundamentally strong company, we can filter out healthy companies using two-minute drill so that further investigation can be done. In a two minute drill, we assess the company's seven financial ratios and its tendency. Every investor should know about these eight financial ratio analysis. Every investor should look these points very carefully. Earning per share (EPS)- Should be growing in last five years.

My initial investment amount

H ello readers, how are you guys I hope you all will be good and healthy. In this post, I am going to tell you about my first investment. As I told you that I had opened my demat account in the Geojit Financial services. Please make sure you read my previous post.In which I explained the process of opening a demat account in detail. After opening a demat account, I transferred 2,000 rupees with the help of internet banking to my demat account. Yes I started my initial investment from 2000 rupees, in fact I did not even have 2000 rupees at that time. For those 2000 bucks, I had to sell my Samsung mobile. After transferring the money, my demat account started showing 2000 rupees, I could now buy the shares up to the price of 2000 rupees. But this was just an early start, my next exam was now started. At the time, the first question to me was that, at which price I should buy. Which company should I choose for investment so that I can get a better return later. I had to choose a compa